I recent visited a restaurant whilst in Spain, and on the menu I’d noticed Cajun Cod!
I’d never eaten it before, so when I returned I couldn’t wait to try it out!
Below is the recipe for a similar dish I now eat regularly.
I used fresh cod fillets from Waitrose, however I also used frozen fillets from Aldi and as the Cajun spice pack so much flavour, they will taste good either way.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2x Fresh skinless, boneless cod loin
- 300-400g Fresh new potatoes
- Garlic clove crushed
- Good knob of butter
- Fresh parsley
- Chantenay carrots
- Green beans
- Tenderstem broccoli
- Mini corn
- Cajun spice
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200
- Place new potatoes in steamer, along with carrots and steam for 25 mins
- Prepare cod fillets by rubbing in Cajun spice, salt, pepper and wrapping in foil
- Place cod in the oven for about 20 mins
- Place corn, tenderstem broccoli and green beans into the steamer for 15 minutes
- In a bowl, mix butter, chopped parsley and a bit of crushed garlic
- When the potatoes are cooked, add to the above bowl and mix
- Remove fish from the oven when cooked, and slightly flakely
- Serve on a hot plate with butter potatoes and veg.
Thanks for reading my blog. I’m very new to blogging and would appreciate any comments, feedback or even a follow! Thanks. Pedro